So I’m just going to come right out with it.
I don’t really know what I’m doing here. This is my first blog. I have some ideas – mainly in my head. But I did write some thoughts down on paper earlier (clearly, embracing the digital revolution).
I was planning on winging it and learning on the job. A bit like motherhood.
What I do know is that I want this blog to be for women like me: single mothers who work their butts off every day to bring up their little ones. That is, women who perform circus-worthy juggling acts and spend their waking hours:
- fixing breakfast while the iron heats up (meanwhile, shoving washing into the machine with their feet)
- combing their hair while putting on mascara
- hunting down missing shoes and rounding up PE kit
- Paying the bills/worrying about bills
- YouTubing ‘how to fix a leaky tap’ to save calling out the plumber
- [Insert umpteen bullet points here depending on your particular lifestyle]
- cooking dinner while helping with homework
- listening to their kids read before bedtime
- Before, finally, collapsing in a crumpled heap on the sofa.
Single-parenthood is a tough gig. There’s no denying that. But I want this blog to be an upbeat place. As well as my experiences of being a lone parent, I’d like to talk about the things I love – fashion, design, homeware, cooking… because, well, I just like that stuff.
I hope if anyone should stumble across it they find it an interesting read. I’d love to hear from you…