Here are just some of the life skills you learn when bringing up kids alone…
- How to keep a mental checklist of everything we need to do for the next month. To do lists? Who has time to write those?
- How to hold an in-depth discussion about Pokemon/Frozen while secretly planning tonight’s dinner
- Coloured socks are your foe… unless you enjoy trying to reunite long-lost sock twins.
- Batch cooking is a lifeline. Saves time and money – what’s not to love?
- How to stand up for ourselves. We rely on no.1 – so best not mess with us!
- Shame-free shortcuts – whether it’s ironing just the collars on shirts, or piling mess in cupboards before our guests show up – we know how to look like we’ve got things under control.
- How to do full face make-up in 30 seconds flat.
- How to carry a shopping bag on every finger. Less about strength, more about determination. We’re not going back out to the car again!
- How to play both Good Cop and Bad Cop when it comes to discipline.
- Housework? Mañana! We’d rather spend time with our little ones today.
- How to whizz around a supermarket like a Formula One racer.
- Whatever life throws at you, keep on going.